Sunday, December 7, 2014

DO NOT SHARE TATTOO IDEAS!

God, how stupid was I? I sent my friend the drawing that I had reserved my arm to because I have loved this tattoo since I was 16 (I'm about to be 20); to MAKE SURE that we weren't getting the same tattoo. So once I see what her 'original' plan for the tattoo looks like, I felt better, not great because she chose it on the same spot just a different arm than me. Her idea of the tattoo wasn't what I feared so I was more than happy to take her to look for an artist and book  her appointment. I saw the outline and my first thought was "Okay, that looks very strange, it doesn't look very much at all like what she showed me." Well I get told that the artist talked her into changing the way the tattoo face so that it would look proportionate; stupid me. I believe it because I didn't think that a close friend would lie or deceive me like that. Here comes the best part! Once I see the finished result of the tattoo it looks nothing like the one she showed me! It looks very very VERY much like the one I showed her; I understand that people change their mind and have the right to alter the image before they get it tattooed on their body forever, but that isn't a last minute excuse to rip off someone's dedicated tattoo! 

So with this collage you can tell where my anger comes from. Since I have nothing nice to say to say to her, I will say nothing at all. I only have harsh words that would forever ruin a friendship and I know that it would also ruin the friendship that Damian has with her; so I will be wiser. Damian knows that I have chosen to no longer speak to her (or acknowledge her existence) , and he knows that I'm going to be civil..... strangely he is proud. Mostly proud that I have learned such an obvious rule as "Don't share tattoo ideas!" I guess I just think that everyone is just happy, friendly, and with innocent intentions... what a cruel way to wake up.  I was just so dedicated to this piece, I had years planned into making it look perfect so I could display it as a trophy for the world to see.
Life is tough, so be wise. Receive advice before you learn from a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment